Spring Break Goals 2017Jasmeet Gosal ~ March 27, 2017
Photo Credit: @katgaskin
How do you know Spring Break is around the corner? When you’re in lecture and you look at all the MacBook screens around you and everyone is booking tickets to Vegas or Cancun. But unfortunately, I wasn’t one of those people… I was one of those that was thinking about how I’m going to sleep all week and do absolutely nothing and love it!
Now I’m an adult with a full time job so “Spring Break” has become creeping college students’ Instagrams and living vicariously through them. If you’re doing the same thing, put your phone down (after reading this blog), hit up your friends and pick something fun to do off this list that I’ve compiled for you!
- Go on a hike - Pick out an Instagram worthy outfit, grab a friend or two, and hike on a beautiful day. With the weather warming up, it’s almost a crime to not be out and active. Some of my favorite hikes are the Hollywood Sign Hike, Runyon Canyon (how LA of me), Mt. Rubidoux, and Crystal Cove State Park just to name a few.
- Take a Day Trip - Drive to a popular city for the day and explore what it has to offer. Some places to go are San Diego, Los Angeles, Malibu, Santa Barbara, etc. San Diego is absolutely beautiful and one of my favorite places to visit during the spring/summer. Or spend the day in LA and try one of those coffee shops you’ve discovered on Instagram. Want a scenic drive? Take a drive down PCH, stop at one of Malibu’s gorgeous beaches and have dinner with a view.
- Who said museums were boring? - Spend a day taking advantage of some of the amazing museums that Socal has to offer! P.S. Some of these are free admission :). Some must attend museums are The Broad, Griffith Observatory, LACMA, The Getty, etc.
- Try a new restaurant - I don’t know how many times I’ve discovered new places to eat and never actually gone… If you’re in the Orange County/LA area, you must try these places! Laduree - the cutest little macaron and tea shop at The Grove, Slaters - burger place, Pita Hot - amazing Mediterranean food, Urth Caffe - trendy cafe that you see on everyone’s Instagram.
- Go to the beach - Nothing beats soaking up the sunshine and working on your tan. Some of my personal favorites include Coronado Beach in San Diego, Newport and Victoria Beach in Laguna.
If you end up doing any of these activities over your break, tag us @realhermakeup and #RealHer so we can enjoy the view with you! :) Happy Spring Break!Author: Jasmeet Gosal @jasmeetgosal