You know what they say… “Your face is a blank canvas.” Makeup products can only do so much on their own. Flawless makeup application starts with what’s underneath… your skin. The sooner you start taking care of your skin, the better because it’ll save you the stress of dealing with acne, acne scars, uneven skin tone, etc. So, are you giving your skin all the love and care it needs to look its best?!
- Remove makeup: Have you ever looked in the mirror after a long day and were pained because you beat your face to perfection and you know it’s time to remove your makeup…? Yes, I feel you girl. Take your favorite makeup wipes or liquid makeup remover with a cotton round and wipe away all product.
- Cleanse: Once you’ve removed all your makeup, use a gentle cleanser to get rid of excess dirt, oils and product that the makeup remover didn’t pick up.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. You don’t need to exfoliate everyday as this could dry out the skin and cause irritation.
- Moisturize: This step is key if you don’t want your makeup to appear dry and patchy. Cleansing and exfoliating can dry out your skin depending on the harshness of the products you’re using so to restore that moisture, lather up! For those with oily skin, please continue moisturizing your face. There is a misconception that applying moisturizer to oily skin will cause it to appear greasy but that is false. When moisturizing your face, don’t forget to show your neck some love too.
- Apply eye cream: Dark circles, puffiness and fine lines are inevitable and that is why there are eye creams. The skin around the eyes is very thin and sensitive which is why it needs special attention. Because this delicate area is prone to dryness, it is important to keep it hydrated with an eye cream. Your skin will thank you years down the road!
Author: Jasmeet Gosal @jasmeetgosal